Volunteer Form: Download
Foster Care Application: Download
We are in need of volunteers with a variety of skills and abilities to help ensure the success of our programs and to enrich the life of the animals in our care.
Here are some of our current volunteering opportunities:
- Spend one-on-one time with the animals
- To walk and exercise the dogs
- To care for animals that aren't able to be adopted, such as pregnant and nursing mothers, puppies and kittens not yet old enough to be adopted, and those that are not easily adopted due to age, health or special needs.
- Wash windows, clean, dust, rake, shovel snow, paint, pull weeds, etc.
- Assist with office work, mailings, filing, telephone, etc.
- Teach shelter dogs basic obedience/manners
- Organize and help with fundraising activities
- Bathe and groom animals
- Educate children and adults about the humane treatment of animals, importance of spaying/neutering, etc. through shelter tours, schools, clubs, community events, and special outreach activities
- Transport pets to vet appointments; pick up food, supplies, etc.
Please Note: Volunteers under fourteen years of age wishing to help at the shelter can become part of the Bow Wow Meow Kids Club! Call today for details!
Please call (515) 955-8343 or email us if you would like to become a Humane Society Volunteer.